The Physical Education (PE) Programme at St. Andrews International School Sathorn is committed to developing personal wellness and physical fitness. Regular physical activity in childhood and adolescence improves strength and endurance; helps build healthy bones and muscles; helps control weight; reduces anxiety and stress; and increases self-esteem, mood, and concentration.
PE instruction is sequential and planned to develop and improve performance skills, to impart knowledge and concepts relevant to the activity, to introduce information concerning the fitness and health benefits of regular exercise and to help students develop and maintain physical fitness. Activities are rotated throughout each term and include Football, Swimming, Basketball, Badminton and Athletics.
The PE Programme aims to provide students with an appreciation of their individual talents while teaching them the value of teamwork, competition, character and selflessness.
An emphasis is placed upon:
- Developing a commitment to a team concept
- Teaching the importance of nutrition and physical conditioning
- Teaching skills which develop individual talent to its fullest potential
- Promoting respect for coaches, officials, competitors and oneself
- Developing responsibility and accountability for one’s own actions
- Promoting honesty, integrity, sportsmanship and fair play
- Encouraging humility in defeat and graciousness in victory
Our PE teachers ensurethat sporting activities are continued after school through extra-curricular activities. As a member of TISAC, our teams are exposed to a selection of different sporting experiences and healthy competition.
For more information on our extra-curricular activities click here.