Application Process & Fees
Prospective students who wish to apply to St. Andrews, Sathorn will need to complete an application form and pay an Application Fee in order to be considered against the admissions criteria and be offered a place. Applications are considered in chronological order of receipt. We welcome new applications throughout the academic year.
The first step
To apply, please submit the following:
- Completed and signed Application for Admission
- An Application Fee of 3,000 Baht
- Photocopy of Parents and Child’s Passports and Visas
- Photocopies of Child’s Birth Certificate
- 2 passport size photographs (not older than 6 months)
- Official transcript or report cards for two years prior to current grade level (translated into English)
- Educational assessment or specialist reports (where applicable)
- Applications will be accepted by email and fax, provided that the necessary hard copy documents are followed up by mail.
The second step
Once these documents have been submitted and the Application Fee has been received, the Admissions Office will review the application file. More information may be requested from you or the previous school. St. Andrews will then contact your family to schedule age specific assessments - which may take the form of written tests in English and maths, a meeting with the Head of School and a half day in class. You will then be notified whether your child has met the criteria for admission.
- Early Years students are assessed by completing informal and practical activities in the classroom.
- Primary students undertake an English assessment in each of the 4 main areas of the English Language (reading, writing, speaking and listening) and in a non-language based mathematics assessment.
- Although admission to our school is open to students of all nationalities, as the main language of instruction is English, full participation in our curriculum requires proficiency in the English Language. We offer a limited number of places on our EAL programme.
The third step
When a place is offered, the Entrance Fee must be paid within seven (7) days. If the Entrance Fee is not received within 7 days, priority will be given to other applicants. The first instalment of Tuition Fees is due on June 1 for August entry and six weeks prior to the student’s commencement at other times during the school year. The Medical Examination Form will need to be completed and returned prior to the student’s start date.